Historic Estate with 10 Acres of Land ref FR100
€ 30,000 / Per Month
The property is dating from the 17th century constructed as a monastery and served for St Honorat Order monks, who lived here and worked the land producing olive oil, wine and milk until the early 19th century.
The property was connected to the monastery of Valbonne village by a tunnel, part of that still remains intact and can be seen nowadays.
In the early 19th century Napoleon gave the property to one of his generals.
During the second world war the property was used by the resistance on the French Riviera to hide escaping prisoners of war and downed pilots. Camille Rayon, who was the famous leader of the resistance in the region has visited the property several times.
Throughout its 10 hectares, this magnificent, full of history is made up of 4 main constructions with a total living area of 1200 sqm.
- The Manor House
- The Farm
- The Sheepfold
- The Dovecote
A swimming pool of 20 m x 10 m and a tennis court complete this exceptional property.
The current owners acquired the property from The Comte de Boisrouvray who was the cousin of Prince Ranier of Monaco.
1000 litres of olive oil (received numerous awards for its quality) are produced each year from about 500 olive trees.
We will answer you soon!